RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Path to the Mad Man

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Swordslinger

Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Robin was strangely silent,her eyes hidden by the locks of her snow white hair.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:03 pm

The men had long disappeared into the crowd and the drone is unable to find them.

Dormir screamed and cried the entire way as Byron carried her all the way home, the little girl kicking and screaming like a child in a tantrum. Most people would have assumed Byron was a kidnapper everything considered but his face was too well-known for people to assume that of him.

The hatter carried the little faunus back to the house, his teammates following him close by. Alyss tried to ask Byron what was the matter when he practically kicked the door open but he ignored her and went up to his room, still carrying Dormir, letting her cry into his tail coat without word or complaint.

Several minutes have passed. Everyone sat on the floor in Byron's room. Byron had set Dormir down, allowing the little girl to ball her eyes out.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Dormir wailed with tears pouring from her eyes constantly. Byron sat down with his back against the wall, his head lowered so the shadows of his bangs and hat obscured the view of his face. He was silent as the little girl cried, not saying a single word. "Why?? Why did daddy have to die???"
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Axel leaned on the doorway, watching Dormir bawl. "A public execution, huh? I'm sorry for your loss Dormir, but if the Syndicate is as organized as we've been led to believe, then punishing Mr. Mauss is not their only concern. An organized institution that resorts to public killings wants to send a message, perhaps to some other debtors or even a rival institution. If such killings were modus operandi for them, I'd say the Syndicate is crude and poorly run."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 pm

David had sat down and had his hands crossed, and finger tips pressed together. He just kept himself in thought. He soon looked to Axel. "I believe Mr. Maus simply choose himself Axel. As I said, he had a choice. Himself, or her. He was not about to let them take her. No this was a message sent to those who interfere I believe." He then looked to Byron. "Byron......I'm sorry to have to ask this. Where can we find Harekles? You did say he was the son of the Don after all. I do understand if you wish for us to just stay low however."
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 pm

"I realize that Mr. Maus made the decision and offered himself over Dormir, but to be killed on the spot in a crowd with no ulterior motive to prefer a public killing over a private one is something that I would call sloppy." It attracts undue attention, which can never be good, unless this town is relatively lawless." He turned to Byron, "Speaking of the law, how has local law enforcement fared against the Syndicate?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 pm

"Do not underestimate them," Byron said, his face still hidden. "The public killing was a message, but for who and for what I do not know. The law cannot touch the mafia. They leave no evidence, the don and his best men always has airtight alibis, their cover is flawless, and they leave no witnesses. Even if you run to another country, they'll hunt you down. Underestimate them or provoke them and you are a dead man walking."
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:02 pm

"Then we don't give them a chance to run."

It was Robin's voice, any traces of goodwill gone.

"This stops now. If the police won't handle it, then we will. This isn't about justice anymore." Stepping out of the shadows she was previously standing in, she looked to her teammates, "We aren't going to let this slide, we are the Hunters here. Let's show them why we're called that."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:03 pm

David simply thought to himself. He let out a deep sigh. He was out of ideas for what to do next. He was drawing blanks. He figured it was Byron's hometown...it was his call. David would just stay quite until needed..
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:24 pm

"Let's go to sleep," Byron said plainly. He clapped his hands and the lights turned off. "Dormir, you can sleep in the spare pull out bed. Let's all go to sleep."

Byron spoke like a completely different person, his character changing suddenly. After walking over to a spot on the wall with a cat poster and pulling down a wall bed for Dormir, Byron silently climbed onto his own bed and laid their on his side, his back turned to the group. Thanatos ticked idly, leaning against the wall next to his bed. Byron had taken off his hat and placed it on top of the clock coffin. From behind, without his hat, Byron looked like a completely different person. It was as if the carefree, childish man that Team AMBR had known was gone, replaced with someone tired and slow... whose breath smelled strangely like cappuccino.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:28 pm

David couldn't sleep he instead leaned against a wall, and kept thinking to himself about the days events. He just sat by the wall, and kept thinking. .....It would appear that they hunt targets.....I may know to much.....I think i'll just keep my eyes open. He thought as he sat , and lowered his head and put his hand to his chin.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Axel went to sleep. It was sad that the little girl must lose her father this way and her knowledge of it was not avoided, unlike her knowledge of her mother's death. Still, it was a cruel lesson in the real world, and perhaps it did her some good to learn it early.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Soon, everyone turned in. Dormir crawled into the pull out bed and curled up in her blankets. The minutes ticked by and all was silent. A rustling came in the darkness and light footsteps crept towards Byron's bed. A small voice called out to him in a whisper.

"Onee chan? Onee chan?" Dormir's little voice whimpered, "Can I... can I sleep with you onee chan?"

Byron remained silent for a while before nodding his head. The little mouse faunus climbed up and crawled under his sheets, pressing her face against his back.

"Onee chan..." Dormir whimpered, "Mommy's not on a business trip is she?"

Byron remained silent. Dormir started crying. "I miss them," Dormir whimpered, "I miss my mommy and daddy... I'm scared onee chan... I'm scared..."

Finally, Byron turned around and wrapped his arms around the little girl, holding her close and rubbing her back comfortingly. His face was still shrouded in the darkness, but Byron is showing a softer side then he ever had before. "Don't be afraid little one... big brother will always protect you."

Dormir sobbed into Byron's chest, her body shaking. Byron continued to rub her head and pat her back comfortingly, humming softly to her. And soon he started to sing, softly and gently.

"Hush my little mouse,
Don't say a word...
Big brother's gonna show you a whole new world...

And if you promise to stay brave,
Brother's gonna scare away the bad man with his knave...

And if the bad men try to start,
Brother's gonna protect you with the queen of hearts.

And if still feel so scared,
Brother's gonna save you with a mad hare.

And if the mad hare isn't enough to do that,
Brother's gonna save you with the Cat....

Byron sang softly to Dormir as she lightly cried on his chest, calming down little by little until finally her sobs were replaced by soft snores and she curled up against Byron. Even so, the hatter continued to sing softly. Whether he realized it or not, a cloud had formed above them. It seemed he had accidentally activated Wonderland, but it was confined to a small space. The shape of a caterpillar was within the smoke cloud but it soon disappeared and images were flashing through the cloud like a cinema film.

It was Byron in the images, accept he was younger, smaller, with both eyes and he was devoid of his signature hat. He looked innocent and happy. He was playing with a little girl with long hair, They ran and jumped, playing alongside each other, laughing, smiling. Byron laughed and smiled differently from how he ever did at Beacon.

The image cloud showed Byron standing in front of the little girl crying on the ground. The little lad was fending off a huge dog with a stick. The scene skipped and young Byron was carrying the little girl on his back in a piggyback ride while the sun was setting.

The image showed him and the little girl at night, hiding under a blanket cover fort. Young Byron was reading the little girl a story and soon they slept next to each other while the young boy softly sang a lullaby to the little girl.

The smoke cloud disappeared from there, no trace of it left. Byron had started softly snoring himself, a smile on his lips as he held on to Dormir.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:52 pm

David was close to drifting off when he saw the cloud. Epsilon. He saw as the little girl and thought back to his time in wonderland. What happened mad man....what happened. He dropped the thought as he began to drift off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 am

"....."

Robin, soon, was the only one left awake. Stepping out of the room, she walked through the dark hallways with almost supernatural ease. Gliding like a ghost, the white haired hunter soon stepped out onto the patio and stared upwards into the night sky. Watching the scattered and broken moon, felt the cold chill of the night air through her ivory hair, and let out a deep sigh. Finding little solace in the crystals that came from the breath. Their existence a brief and fickle one, but one filled with a sad, but firm meaning.

If only she were so lucky.

"We ran as if to meet the moon, but we stumbled when reached for it. What then, shall await the coming of the dawn?" She asked no one in particular, uncaring even if the slim chance someone did hear appear it's head,"Will we be forced to turn away from what the moon showed us? Or will we find some courage in the ever-distant light? Will we reach that ever distant utopia?"

Without any more words, Robin struck her hand out, and reached for the moon with petals not unlike roses. And closed her fist without touching anything but the cold air.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:50 pm

"Couldn't sleep I see," Alyss commented, walking into the patio in her bathrobe. She leaned against the railing and looked at Robin sadly. "I heard about what happened. I'm sorry. This must be a lot for kids like you. You must have a lot of thoughts in your mind."
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Without turning around to face Alyss, Robin felt her shoulders sag, "It's just, I can't stand it. We already have the Grimm trying to exterminate us, why are we so hellbent to kill each other? Over what? Money? Land? Those things are as fleeting as the wind."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:11 pm

"The underworld is... a strange thing," Alyss murmured. "There are many things in this world that we can not understand. Why some people do what they do. And the question always stands, 'We are the good guys, right?' It's a confusing world sometimes..." Alyss looked at Robin and smiled. "But what you must always remember is this; You are you and only you. No matter what may happen, no matter what may occur, you must remain strong to yourself in order for others to be strong. I speak from experience young lady that all men are a bunch of weak louts. What they need is a strong woman to support them... Robin... in order to lead others, you must learn to understand them. Because really, I'd like to meet a man who will ever understand us!"

Alyss smirked and rubbed Robin's head as if she were a child. "Byron is a good kid and he always keeps his word, but sometimes he is at his weakest when he is strongest. I'm sure you'll learn in due time."

With that, Alyss went back into the house, muttering good night to Robin before disappearing back into the house.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:39 am

Robin waved her goodbye, and turned back to the moon that would remain forever out of her reach.

"....Understand my teammates? I can do that....But, there are some things you just can't rush." She muttered to herself. Taking one last look at the moon of Remnant, the leader of AMBR turned back inside the house.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 12:54 pm

As morning approaches, Byron and Dormir were the first to awaken. Byron sat at the windowsill, staring out into the open while Dormir laid on the bed with half open eyes, a look of sadness and grief.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 4:17 pm

David's eyes opened wide as he awoke. He looked around briefly before closing his eyes. He stood up and walked over to his bag, and dug out a snake. A chocolate bar. He just looked around the room, and sighed. ... He just sat down, and waited for their next move.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Robin, for her part, was still asleep. Largely due to the fact she stayed up a little bit later then the others last night. Also, she was snoring, and it was rather annoying.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Byron crouched next to Robin and looked down at her. He leaned down closer until his face was directly above hers and whispered, "If sleeping beauty does not wake, then her prince charming will have to give her a kiss~"
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Robin slowly opened her eyes and stared into Byron's single one.

"....." She didn't talk, and it seemed her brain was still trying to process everything,"...."Then, in steward defiance of the moment, she closed her eyes again and rolled onto her side.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:22 pm

"Oh? So the little doll wants to play this game again?" Byron chuckled mischievously. "Come now dolly. You know how I play..."

Byron leaned down and gave Robin a peck on the cheek.

Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Robin, for her part, just shuffled in her half sleep, "Leavemealone." She muttered, brushing Byron's head with her hand as she turned over again. Having mistaken the kiss for a fly that had landed on her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Almost a bit too fast, Byron was lying on his side next Robin, staring at her sleeping face, his hands tucked beneath his armpits as he smiled childishly at her. "The next one goes to your lips if you don't wake up."
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 pm

"Ugh. I'm up I'm up." Robin said quickly, pushing off Byron's head and yawning loudly, "Morning...How's everyone doing?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Path to the Mad Man - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Path to the Mad Man
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: The World of Remnant :: Outside Vale-
Jump to: