RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Path to the Mad Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm

David just stuck is tongue out at him. "Ducks flap. I glide. So Byron what all did you tell your friends about us?" He asked out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:52 pm

"Oh, nothing special," Byron waved him off casually, completely dodging the question. "I just mentioned some of our adventures and a small description and you guys."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:04 pm

David just looked at him with a 'oh god' look. " Two things. You didn't talk about when I got sucked in your head right, and why does everyone think Robin is a man?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:11 pm

"I have no idea really," Byron shrugged. "I just mentioned how Robin is a little rough, takes command on the battlefield like a seasoned general, can take down an Ursa Major virtually alone, and can lift my weight like nothing. I have no idea how they got 'masculine' from all of that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:16 pm

David just shrugged. "It's a mystery alright." He said with a hint of sarcasm. "What did you say about us." He said gesturing to him, and Axel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 pm

"Glasses guy," Byron said, pointing at Axel. Then he shifted the point of his finger to David. "Small and skinny, gets embarrassed easily, got flustered seeing me at a host club, and works at a furniture store full of lace. The epitome of masculinity, right? I have no idea why they thought Robin would be you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:28 pm

"Well, he does make good tea." Robin admitted, shrugging her shoulders, "But naturally charming? I can't see it. Sure he's flirted before, but I could never sense any real desire behind it. Besides, I've never found him attractive, not bad looking sure, but not attractive."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:32 pm

David's eyebrow twitched a little, but he just sighed. "....gee I wonder." He said his voice full of sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:06 pm

"So are we ready to go?" asked Axel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:33 pm

"Let the girls talk," Byron shrugged. "We have plenty of time."

------

"Eh heh," Dormir laughed awkwardly. "You'd be surprised how many women fall for that. But you're right. Byron never has any real meaning behind his flirts, especially when he never actually flirts. He's just naturally mischievous and playful, not to mention terribly misunderstood at times. But he has your back when you need him and does everything he can to make others happy. So, uh, how should I put this..."

Dormir scratches the side of her face in thought. "Watch over him, okay? Byron said in his letters that you're reliable and he trusts you so... Take care of him for me okay?"

Dorm it's smiles at Robin and straightens her skirt. The little girl opens the doorway and steps out smiling. "Let's go. I want ice cream!"

After some time of walking and Byron spoiling Dormir with a triple scoop of ice cream on a waffle cone, The group finds themselves looking up at the huge clock tower ."Ladies and gentlemen," Byron announces while Dormir licks the ice cream while riding the hatter's shoulders, "Welcome, to Big Ben!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:48 pm

David looked at the tower. "Bride goanna go fly. Meet you at the top." He said as his face mask collapsed. His wings unfolded, as he jumped to the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Robin watched David soar into the air.

"....Should we be worried about him being shot down?" She whispered to Byron.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 pm

"Nah, ducks aren't around this time of year," Byron reassured her. "Well the duck hunters may get excited just seeing something with wings in the sky. Hm. I wonder how David would taste roasted or covered in orange sauce."

"Probably not too good. He looked pretty stringy," Dormir said. "Probably better in a soup."

With the duo combined, it was getting much harder to tell when Byron was making jokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 pm

David reached the top, and opened up his camera. He looked out over the sights, and began taking pictures. Lovely view from up here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am

"If he likes tall sunset vantages, he should see where I live," commented Axel. Still looking up at David flying up, he asked Byron, "How old is this tower?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:42 pm

"A hundred and fifty years, give or take," Byron shrugged. "Something this massive and complex being that old? It attracts quite a bit of attraction. Can't say this place runs on tourist money though."

Flying high to get a good vantage point, David could see almost the whole city. From where he was it almost looked like an old painting on canvas, the architecture old but refined and the streets never seem to be crowded or rowdy like in the big cities.

The minute hand on Big Ben moves with a loud tick, striking twelve well the hour hand struck four. The clock tower rang, booming so loud, everyone in the town could have heard it if not at least faintly. The sound was so loud that the sound of gunfire was almost completely blocked. The only one able to hear it was David, who was right in front of the clock face where the sound came from.

There's a small opening on the left side of the clock tower that David can use to get inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 pm

David ducked as the shot ran out. "SHIT!" He looked around, and saw a opening. He made a run for it, and jumped into it. He landed and saw him self inside the tower. He got to his phone and called Byron. "I thought you said there weren't any laws to me being up here!" He said as he took cover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Byron's scroll rang and he took it out, glancing at the message. "Hm~ I wonder what David is on about," Byron smiled. He looked up and quirked an eyebrow. "Oh? Where did he go?"

Inside the the clocktower where David went in to take cover thinking the gun shot was aimed at him, up ahead he could hear some voices, one of which was very familiar.

"Y-You killed him!" a middle aged man shouted and whimpered at the same time. "Y-You actually killed him??"

"Apparently you won't understand our business until you see it yourself," Harekles muttered without a hint of emotion in his voice. He held up his cross shaped walking stick, on of the short points pointed at a headless corpse, the end smoking. "Father Time hates it when you waste his time, see? He's tired of waiting for his money. Now Louie and Tony here could always just break your legs if you don't get the message."

The two large men in suits stood behind Harekles with threatening looks, cracking their knuckles for emphasis.

"N-No please," the middle aged man whimpered, groveling before the hare faunus. "I-I understand! I will get the money but I just need more time!"

"Father Time is tired of giving lend outs, kabeesh?" Harekles murmured. "He wants some collateral, understand?"

"Y-You can take the inn," he whimpered.

"You already forked over the deed last week," Harkles sigh boringly, cracking his neck and tapping the end of his cane against the floor. "You better have something else."

"I- I- I-," the man whimpered. His long rat's tail shaking behind him indicating his fear.

Harekles raised his cane and pointed the short barrel at the old man's head.

"Tick tock, goes the clock," Harekles muttered. "You better come up with something you old rat. You've got fifty-three minutes until Big Ben strikes again. Make your choice."

"I can't," the man whimpered, tears in his eyes. "How can I choose between myself and my own daughter?? You already killed my wife, what more do you want??"

"You really are just a filthy rat," Harekles murmured tiredly. "If you don't make your choice in fifty-two minutes, you're sleeping with the fishes tonight. Kabeesh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:01 pm

As soon as David saw the man he had begun video taping him. What the hell. He began to watch as he threatened the man. He soon moved closer, and listened in. When he finished talking he sent the video to Byron to see. He then began to sneak away, until he knocked a pole over. He grabbed for it, but missed. It landed with a loud gong. .......shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Byron's scroll beeped again and he glanced down at it. "Oh~ what a lovely video of static. It really fits well with the earlier message of mixed letters...."

Harekles's ears twitched and he turned around, staring straight at David with a disinterested look. "Looks like little birdie is a stool pigeon," Harekles commented dryly. He dug inside his pocket and pulled out a small rectangular device. "Let's see, two outgoing signals, both immediately scrambled. And here I thought the rate was just wearing a wire. You think this is kids' play punk? We're not amateurs brat and we don't leave witnesses."

Before David could even react, he found himself right in between the two large men. It wasn't a matter of them being fast either. If David looked around, he'd realize he had moved right in between them as if teleported.

Harekles was walking away from David, his back turned to him, his walking stick tapping against the floor with each step.

"Never underestimate anybody kid. That's rule number one. You think we're amateurs in the business? I've blown the brains off plenty of people and never got caught once. You think it's so easy to defeat a syndicate? You'll find one hell of a surprise then ya schmuck."

Harekles stood at the opening David came in, turning around now to look at David with a bored, lifeless expression.

"Now kid, let me put this into terms you can understand," Harekles murmured, "You're about to have a little 'accident'. Understand?"

Harekles fell backwards, falling out of the opening off the edge of clock tower.

Before David even realized it, he found himself outside of Big Ben, falling in the air like a suicidal jumper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:43 pm

As David fell he smiled. Birdie has rockets. His jets came to life as he neared the ground. He slammed down with a thud. Ow....wait. He opened up his video he had taken. It was still intact. Radio jammer. I my self prefer EMP generator but meh. He walked over to where the group was calmly. He looked at Byron with a smile. "Got the pics. Also Harekles tried to kill me. He do that often?" He asked while showing the pictures he got.

Last edited by Icrus505 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:45 pm

"...." Robin looked at David with a plain expression, "David...you just fell off a building....why did you just fall off a building?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:48 pm

David looked to robin. "Hm? Oh, Harekels threw me off after I saw him kill a guy. You should have seen the view up there also looked like a painting.." He said as he looked at his scroll. He opened the video he had taken of Harekles. "Look at the mechanisms at work here. Just technology." Completely trying to play off he didn't care that he had been tossed off a building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:51 pm

When everyone would look, it was all static.

"Little birdie..." Byron smiled, "How high up in altitude do you have to be before the atmospheric pressure makes you hallucinate?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Robin placed a hand on David's forehead, "You sure you didn't catch something up there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:56 pm

David stood back, and looked at them. "Harekles tried to kill me so I might be a bit high on adrenaline. Of course I know how this will go. I say this and no one will believe me. The only evidence I have is what was on his cane back at the house. Other then that you all think I have gone loony right?" He said with a deadpan look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:59 pm

"Basically, yes." Robin confirmed, "Though that Harekles guy did seem a little shifty..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   

Back to top Go down

Path to the Mad Man
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next