RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaiOtaku

The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Rayden remained silent despite Wanyu's question, he never much cared for speaking but the current situation almost completely put him off it. As much as Rayden would have preferred to ignore the question he knew he couldn't be so rude to someone like Wanyu. "My apologies Lord Wanyu, this isn't a subject I have very much experience with." Rayden stared at the wall as if there were something actually there as he spoke. "My desire to serve her stems from my feeling that she deserves it. I do not mean that she was born with an inherent privilege but instead that she has earned such a thing." Rayden looks down at his hands and clenches them into fists as if he were ready to fight something. "There are times when she speaks and it is not the voice of a young lady, it is the voice of someone who has suffered greatly in such a short period of time. I will not ask what she has been through as it is not my place but I often have the feeling she has been through a number of great tragedies in her life and I am suddenly filled with the desire to protect her from further tragedy. I want to be her shield, not only in battle but for her heart as well. I wish for her to never have to experience such pain again in her life, I want to bear the burden that would normally be forced on her and let her experience the carefree life she is entitled too." Rayden turns to face Wanyu. "As her friend it pains me to see her suffer and I could be wrong but Lord Wanyu she has paid her debt does she not deserve rest?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Wanyu listened patiently before smiling.

"How fortunate of Little Miss," Wanyu thought. "You seem like a sincere boy. Yes, she's suffered a lot and I believe she deserves the carefree life you want her to have."

His eyebrows furrowed and he paused for a while.

"However...she thinks she has a debt that will take more than a lifetime..." Wanyu said. "I will be frank. You have stepped on thin ice. You're crossing of paths with Little Miss is not an easy trial. And it is a very dangerous one at that. You know nothing of her yet. Just make sure you can live up to your words."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Rayden turned to Wanyu and gave him a soft smile remembering the happier times he had with his master for some reason. "Lord Wanyu, we do not do the things we do because they are easy, we do them because they are worth it. If milady's debt takes a year to repay until she can be happy then I shall accompany her for a year, if it takes a lifetime then I shall accompany her for a lifetime, and if it takes longer than that I will begin searching for a book on spirits." Rayden turned away from Wanyu and began looking at the wall once more. "Its odd Lord Wanyu, I am suddenly looking forward to this ball."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:03 am

OOC: Posting just so it doesn't fall back into the basket right away!
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:56 am

"I am pretty sure Master Will would have been pleased if he heard what you said..." Wanyu said but not necessarily to Rayden.

Time passed by uneventfully until Mirai peered through the door a few minutes before five pm. Wanyu immediately lowered his head into a bow.

"Well rested, milady?" Wanyu asked.

Mirai, who was now dressed in pink.

"Rather well," Mirai said as she gave Rayden a small brief nod meaning hello. "I'll be going for a bit on the dock. None of you follow me."

Wanyu looked like he was about to protest, but he saw the time and then leaned a bit back and bowed.

"Yes, of course, Little Miss."

Mirai nodded and began walking away and up the to the deck. Wanyu put a shoulder on Rayden.

"I must go and prepare things for the ball. Whatever you do, do not follow Little Miss. Understand?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:32 am

Rayden nods at Wanyu and stands at attention near the door like a soldier would. After a few moments a thought pops into Rayden's head, What if someone attacks milady! A scowl appears on Rayden's face of the thought of someone attacking her just like the former captain did. Rayden places his hand on Chevalier and heads in the direction Mirai went trying to be as quiet as he can be. (He's not really that quiet.) As long as she doesn't see me I should be fine right?
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:52 am

As Rayden followed Mirai as she began to solemnly walk up the deck stairs and onto the deck itself. It was near sunset now and due to guarding and confinement, it was very empty. Mirai moved over to the very edge and then towards the railing. There was a small raised platform there and she walked up to it. Her face, usually cool and collected, looked lost in thought, dreamlike, and most of all, sad.

With her golden hair turning honey colored in the twilight, it blew in the wind like magnificent golden threads. Covering her face from the side as she placed her hands together and stared out into the water. Soon, she began to sing a song. As Mirai sang, her face looked pain and even though her voice sounded elegant and collected, there was something about it that was just pure sorrowful.

The last note seemed to hang in the air as she sang it and a crystal tear rolled from her left eye. Her hand came to a glint of gold that seemed to be a pendant as she looked out into the ocean once more.

"If only we could be reborn..."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:37 am

Rayden's hand shot to his chest as a great pain filled his heart. He felt like scum. Mirai asked for privacy during such an intimate moment where she carried so much sadness yet here he was intruding on her. He had no right to be there. Rayden tried to sneak away from his position before Mirai noticed him but his legs simply would not listen to him. Everything inside him, all he had ever stood for told him to go and protect her, to be her shield from those thoughts and stop anymore from ever happening but he had no idea how. He told Wanyu that he would protect her and he did not want that to be an empty promise. Rayden mustered his courage and took a step forward. He moved away from the shadows and could be easily seen in the light of the setting sun. He was so confused, he took the step forward but he still did not know what to say to make her feel better. He finally decided on the thing he need to say most. Rayden faced Mirai with her back toward him and spoke with a voice full of shame that only Mirai would be able to hear, "I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:56 am

Mirai had been staring out silently at the water but her eyes widened at the sound of Rayden's voice. Her hands dropped and she solemnly turned around, her bangs shading her eyes and her mouth a small straight line.

"I thought I said for no one to follow me," she said, her voice sharp as daggers. Her eyes lifted up, glaring green and straight at Rayden. "Why did you disobey me?"

Her fists clenched and her shoulders began to tremble as her eyes darted sidewards.

"No, why did you not listen and respect my wish?" she said. "I thought you said you were my friend!"

Her teeth gritted against each other. She jumped off the platform and shoved past Rayden before breaking into a run towards her room.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:35 am

Rayden stared at the ground as he heard Mirai's footsteps get quieter and quieter. I've done enough I can only make things worse. Rayden kept staring at the ground waiting for the steps to finally just disappear but as they grew quieter his heart beat faster and faster. Just before the steps would be gone Rayden made an angry face and slammed his foot into the ground, kicking off from his position, and runs in the direction he was sure Mirai went. "DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!" Rayden ran as fast as he could in order to catch up to Mirai. "I am not letting things end like this! I AM HER FRIEND! I care I want to help her!" Rayden came to an intersection he tried looking for signs of Mirai but couldn't find her. He brought his hands to his mouth and bellowed loudly something he absolutely hated to do. "MIRAI! LET ME TALK TO YOU!" Rayden picked a random direction and began running down its path. We're on a boat she could only go so many places.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:04 am

Mirai had unfortunately not gone to her room and as Rayden looked through the hallways there was no one there and no Mirai. He came to her room but neither she nor Wanyu was there. However, someone else was there at the door. A person wearing a full black hooded robe by the door.

"Looking for someone?" the voice of a boy probably Rayden's age said.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 am

Rayden's hand went immediately to his sword when he heard the voice. He turned to the figure and tried to see past the hood but was unable to. Mirai is gone, Lord Wanyu is gone, and this person is at their door? Rayden drew Chevalier and prepared himself for battle. "I do not have time for distractions. Who are you and why are you in front of milady's room." Rayden's eyes darted to all parts around him making sure he wasn't falling into in ambush. He pointed his blade at the man. "Explain yourself." His voice was cold and and with a slight hint of anger. He did not have time for games, Mirai was out there hurt and it was all his fault he needed to find her as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:29 am

The hooded figure merely looked at him before he unsheathed his own weapon. A long obsidian sword glinted in the dim light of the hallway.

"You say 'milady', but you sure look like you did something to displease her," the hooded figure said. "No servant should ever make their princess cry."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:15 am

Rayden released his shield and took a fighting stance. "That may be true and I will receive my just punishment when the time comes but only a fool would stop a man who is on a mission. Now answer my question or suffer your own punishment." 
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 am

The hooded figure paused for a while and stood up straight.

"For years the Quiet Dahlia has been alone," the figure said. "For years, she has taken the many roles as an actress and she has made them her own. The Golden Fairy, the Daughter of Evil, the Monstre Charmant, the Honshu Princess..."

He paused as if in thought, before his dark hood faced Rayden once again.

"It is springtime and the right time for the flower to bloom," he said. "I've come to watch that flower bloom for I am the Reaper that comes in the Springtime, forever waiting to see her. But alas, I can never do that. However..."

The figure lifted his sword into a guarding stance.

"I will make sure she's no longer affected by the frost," he said. "And at the moment you contribute to that frost. I shall reap your soul for the Golden Fairy to eat if it pleaseth her."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:37 am

Rayden's muscles tensed up as the figure spoke, he could tell that he was no small deal but he knew that this person was still standing between him and his search for Mirai. "Thou hath spoken of things I know not." Rayden could feel himself falling back into his training days, even his speech changed back. "Thine words confuse me but I shall take them to heart, least I forget this encounter, which I believe to be of great importance. Though I do not know what thou speak of, I do know that mine path is blocked by thou and I shall not be stopped. Thine weapon has been drawn and my warning ignored." Rayden brought his shield across his body and pointed placed his blade directly in front of himself lining it up between his eyes (Like this but with shield too) "Prepare thineself." Without warning Rayden's blade was sung to his side and he shot of the ground toward the hooded figure. As the distance closed he would bring his Chevalier for a horizontal strike aimed at the man's arm.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 am

The Reaper was quick to block with his own sword.

"The Quiet Dahlia wants time alone, I believe, are you really going to intrude?" he said sharply. "Are you going to her because of her or yourself? Tell me, Mr. Knight?"

With that, the Reaper pulled black before aiming to jab Rayden in the abdomen, his blade suddenly glowing hot red.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 am

Rayden saw the glowing of the blade and side stepped. The blades grazed along the shield and cut into the steel in a manner that a normal blade should not have. "I was a fool for intruding but I do not regret it." Rayden brings his leg up and kicks away the Reapers arm, breaking its connection with his shield. "I made a promise to shield her and what I saw only strengthened my resolve." Rayden was now perpendicular to the Reaper and brought up his blade. "I do it for her because she deserves to be protected but I also do it for myself because I wish to be forgiven and a part of her life." Rayden swings his sword in an outward motion and aims for the Reaper's neck.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:50 am

The Reaper dodged once again and this time stepped back as he heard the last phrase Rayden said.

"Part of her life?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:42 am

With some distance between them Rayden decided to change strategy. He removed Sistete and slammed it into the ground making a sort of wall on his left, he then impaled Chevalier in the ground on his right, and finally unslung Obiettivo from his back. He took aim at the Reaper. "Yes her life, her future, her dreams, her worries, all of it. I want to be part of them just as I want her to be part of mine." Rayden fires four rounds at the Reaper aiming at both shoulders and thighs to incapacitate him.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:04 am

Rayden's bullets merely went past the figure as his image seemed to shimmer.

"Intriguing," the Reaper said. "It would seem she's possessed you already. But I wonder if your soul could manage the burden she is."

The Reaper raised his gloved hand into the light. He didn't seem transparent as he had when the bullets passed him.

"To be bound eternally to her," the Reaper said. "That is what someone must be willing to do for her. She's not just a little girl with overbearing demands. She's an ethereal queen. You want to be her knight, fine. But know this..."

The Reaper's image blurred as he walked right through Rayden and behind him. But he was no longer holding a blade, but a long black scythe at Rayden's neck.

"I will always be watching her," the Reaper said. "So if you fail to do what you say you want to. If you hurt her or abandon her. I will make sure to serve your head on a plate for her."

The image vanished and so did the scythe, the lights flickering and a cold breeze in the air. It was only then that Rayden heard the clacking of boot heels. Mirai's. They were coming at the left hallway turn. When he'd go there, he'd see the little fairy sitting on the floor hugging her knees, her head buried in them and her golden hair draping all around her and laying on the floor shining.

"Idiot, idiot, idiot..." she muttered to herself.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:25 am

Rayden caught sight of Mirai and removed his helm as he approached her. After his encounter with the mysterious stranger he was on edge about a person with some sort of odd semblance was now on board but the moment he saw Mirai in such a state compared to her usual demanding, iron willed, and authoritative manner his heart sank and all his thoughts moved to her. Rayden approached cautiously as if approaching a creature that would flee from the slightest movement. When he was mere feet away from her, Rayden slowly dropped to his knees trying to not frighten her but this was different than other times. The other times he had been on his knee it had been only on one knee offering his service but in this situation he fell on both. He was no longer a chivalrous knight offering protection, he was now a foolish man begging for forgiveness. His head hung in shame not having the strength to look at Mirai and he spoke, "I know I don't deserve it Mirai but I'm sorry. I kneel here in front of you a defeated man who made a mistake. Could you ever find it in your heart to forgive one such as me?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 am

Mirai sat there, still huddled up, not moving as Rayden spoke and didn't move at all afterwards. It would only be then that Rayden realized there was a thin sheen of ice covering the floor they were on, the source seemingly Mirai as she sat there huddled. Finally, she moved a bit and her eyes lifted, barely seen as she still nuzzled her face in her knees. She didn't look at Rayden, but there was a light blush of frustration on her cheeks. She was gazing at the floor.

"Show me your forehead," she said in a muffled voice.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:56 am

Rayden was reluctant to look up fearing what level of hatred Mirai would have for him in her eyes. He knew that he had disobeyed her enough and raised his head while keeping his eyes shut. "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:01 am

Mirai sharply faced him, her eyes upset, but not necessarily hateful. Her small light hand pressed the nail of the index finger against the thumb as it raised itself to Rayden's forehead.

"Take your punishment," she said harshly before flicking the nail of her index finger hard against it. The flick had been so hard it actually made a tapping sound against Rayden's forehead. The ice shattered around them and dissipated into the air like floating shimmering glass and Mirai stood up, her hands at her sides. She looked at Rayden.

"Disobey me again and I won't go so easy," she said. She sighed and let open her hand while turning away, her cheeks slightly blushing. "Understood?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:35 pm

"Ow!" Rayden brought his hand to his forehead trying to stop the stinging. When he opened his eyes he would see Mirai standing up and looking like her usual self which brought a smile to his face. He brought up one of his knees and bowed his head. Rayden down on one knee and Mirai standing before him, the princess and the knight were back to how they once were. "Of course milady." Rayden looked toward the sun trying remembering the sight of Mirai as she sung but it was already past sundown and the sun was nowhere to be seen when a thought struck Rayden. "Milady, the sun has set. Are we perhaps tardy for the ball?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:59 am

Mirai finally let of one of her usual proud smirks.

"Hm. It seems we are," Mirai said. "But then again, I like to be fashionably late."

As the sun set, the Queen Anne's ballroomwas lit bright with chandeliers. The ballroom was already filled with people and a waltz was playing. Rayden would be waiting at the edge of the stairs as Mirai was still getting ready. Wanyu, still strangely in his yukata, was next to him.

"She sure takes her time, doesn't she?" Wanyu said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next