RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vox

Vox

Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online. Empty
PostSubject: Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online.   Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Using two meanings, there. Both the sense of pimping it out, as one would a whore, and in the same sense that one may pimp their ride, in this case adding plenty of bling to a game some people have been consistently playing for fifteen years.

Yes. It's old. Screw you. It's a masterpiece. And said pimping out of this game that I'm making a post gushing about because y'all mother@&$%ers need some culture is happening on a free (emulated) shard.

In Por Ylem 3 is a free Ultima Online shard. I played IPY2, and it was one of my favorite servers. But that doesn't get into what Ultima Online is...

... Or why UO continued to survive while Everquest, its former rival, had its sequel rise and fall during UO's continuing lifespan. Put simply, it's freedom. UO has no classes. It has no levels. Your character is defined purely by your skills, which improve as you use them. It was the first graphical MMO with player-owned housing, hell, one of the earliest graphical MMOs there was, and the game has aged like a fine wine. And I'm not just saying that because it's Ultima, and I'm a top-tier Ultima geek. (Which, by the way, y'all mother#&%@ers need to play more Ultima games. Period. The series is a classic and set the stage for a lot of modern CRPGs.)

So you have a game with crafting, cooking, hunting, monster killing, customizable characters, player housing, custom housing, and events. How do you make it better? Custom systems, like elections, wars, player-created content, and other new bling. That's where IPY comes in.

This is a promo video done by another player from the previous IPY and beta tester for the new one. It mainly shows off the stuff to draw in people who've been playing UO for fifteen years. IE, the new shit.

I'm kind of getting tired of rambling on. You all know how I am about RPGs. (FALLOUT 3 IS NOT ONE.)

In Por Ylem 3 launches the 31st. Come give it a try. Sure, the graphics are old. (UO was first released in 1997, and the later 3D clients were... not improvements.) You won't be disappointed, though. Probably. I dunno, if you think Fallout 3 is an RPG, you might still like it.

A word of warning: There's PvP. Which, mind you, is actually one of the draws for some people.

If you decide to listen to the suggestion of your modmin, toss me a message on here, and I'll see about helping get you started. IPY also has a guild called [NEW] that helps newbies that I can see about getting you in contact with.

Give the game a try. It has Vox's seal of approval. And, like I said... Y'all mother@&$%ers need some culture.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online.   Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:54 am

IPY3 was canceled.

Then revived as UO: An Corp.

(The words of power for the spell Resurrection. Translates to Negate Death in Gargl, the language used for magic in the Ultima series.)

Everything I said above still applies. Play this shit.
Back to top Go down

Because Vox wants to offset all the hackin' and shootan' game talk: Pimping Ultima Online.
Page 1 of 1