RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JL

PostSubject: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:17 am

Heyyyyy its me with a complainatory suggestion again --'

I was wondering, if you managed to win fairly in a fight, and managed to kill a person/disarm a person's weapon, and take it (Obviously, not some practice spar), could you officially "own" it, and add it to your character profile?

Obviously, there might be some issues with that, the most being 'This screams OP.' But add a bit of realism and it wouldn't be THAT OP.

Take, for example, a transforming weapon that could use dust. If you managed to take it from the other character, you might not know how to use it.

Then there's the problem of size, and effectiveness. Say what you may, duel wielding a transforming scythe and a pointy pole twice the size of you is still hard, and even if they shrink, if they're on your body they do limit your physical capabilities.

Obviously, you guys shouldn't allow people to pad their characters by creating one, 'boop!' your own character beats your own character in a fight that 'had our weapons as a bet', but then on the other hand, not being able to do so in turn wouldn't be that cool as well. Since a character starts off with their approved weapon(s) and the thread is locked, maybe if they do manage to acquire a weapon, whether through stealing from a person/dead body, or simply acquiring one through more normal means, it would need approval? That seems the most fair solution to me, but you guys are the mods who decide it.

Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 am

That would be very cool, but my gauntlets stay with me. DON'T TOUCH THEM YOU FILTHY CASUAL!!

But it would be neat. And given that my character has one weapon with two forms and we were given the option for 3 different weapons/forms, I technically have a spare slot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:14 am

Seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Also, even if you took someone's weapon you probably wouldn't be able to use it well at all, would require a lot of practice to get as proficient with it as your character is with their own weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Snow Cloak wrote:
Seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Also, even if you took someone's weapon you probably wouldn't be able to use it well at all, would require a lot of practice to get as proficient with it as your character is with their own weapon.
Yes, you probably won't be able to use it, but its WELL worth the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 am

It doesn't really seem like something that would happen very often given that we're mostly going to be fighting against the Grimm, not each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 am

Who said? I have sooooo many PvP based stories I want to and will tell. Teehee!
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 am

Based off the fact that out of all the characters that have been made so far none (IIRC) have been PvP based.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R3dder

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 am

I see this as causing potential difficulty with other players, as having two weapons could be considered OP. Also, no one wants to have their weapons stolen, and even though the character may be dead, it could still cause some arguments about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 am

Snow Cloak wrote:
Based off the fact that out of all the characters that have been made so far none (IIRC) have been PvP based.
I think that, with a character profile like the one provided, all of them are made with combat in mind, and PvP is part of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions   

Back to top Go down

Weapon Theft/Acquisition Questions
Page 1 of 1