RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vox

Vox

In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Empty
PostSubject: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Leonius sat overlooking the fountain, still and silent, upon one of the benches able to support his weight.

The bench that, so long ago, he had sat on with Viola. Where things had developed between them. All of those memories seemed tainted now, knowing what Viola had been sent to do. What she had known during those flirting encounters, and awkward moments. And yet they had taken place...

... He was not alone...

The giant took a deep breath, his suit hissing. He didn't look at the interloper. "... Approach... I do not bite... in this suit..."
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 am

Isabelle had been on a walk around the school when she noticed Leo.  He was sitting on a bench, making it look tiny in comparison.  She stood still for a while, unsure if going over there would be a good idea or not.  But, before she had enough time to think, he had noticed her.  "Uh, hey." she said, walking up.  "Mind if I take a seat?"  It was hard for her to tell what kind of mood he was in, only hoping that it wasn't a bad one.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 am

Leonius smiled under the mask as Isabelle approached. "Isabelle... Apologies for my tone... Of course you may..."

He scooted over to make more room, sighing.

"... Your tone betrays... unease... I find myself... of a similar mind... though likely on different matters..." He looked at her, then returned his gaze to the fountain. "... Give word to worry... and I shall endeavor to help... It may stand welcome distraction... from my own..."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:11 am

Kirkka had just stepped out of the garden, wearing her typical work attire and carrying her staff, equipped with its broom attachment. She was preparing to head over to the backside of the school and clean up the plants, as they've been neglected recently. However, she saw Isabelle and Leonius sitting together, and stopped just outside the garden, contemplating. Hmm, now might be a good time to ask the tin can some questions... but he's not alone. Perhaps they will separate quickly. She looks around briefly, before heading off to the side and cleaning up some trash, then heading to work on some flowers and bushes nearby. It appeared she was going to wait for them to finish their conversation before approaching.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:53 am

Sitting down next to him, Isabelle shook her head.  "Nothing, really.  Just wasn't sure if you were okay with being bothered."  While she did have plenty of things to ask, she figured it would probably be better to wait, at least for a few minutes.  "So.  Do anything interesting lately?"  Hopefully, that would be a good enough topic for now.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:23 pm

"... I found out... that someone I once cared for... had been sent to kill me... Bringing into question... all that we were... and I snapped her arm... to establish to those watching the situation... from my homeland that I... was in control of the situation... But I cannot deny... that the necessary act... was satisfying... in a way I am not sure... it should be..."

Leonius clenched his fist, a low growl issuing from his throat.

"I have watched the organization that... ordered my death... fall against a man I call family... And read dispassionately the after action reports... detailing the destruction of a criminal enterprise... and the acquisition of resources... he will no doubt put toward revenge... for Valish acts six years ago... Revenge that may force me... to consider this kinsman... my enemy..."

Slowly, Leonius looked at Isabelle, sighing.

"... And another Faunus girl, this... Noveria Lazulin... has apparently made me... a focal point of her paranoia... so I suspect that may get... interesting... It stands a welcome distraction... from events of more critical nature..."

He smiled under his mask, nodding to her.

"... Not so welcome... as your presence. Apologies... for dumping all of that... out there..."
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:57 pm

"Yeah, I heard about the whole arm-breaking thing."  Isabelle said a bit quietly, rubbing the back of her head.  "Ran into Viola shortly after it happened.  She didn't seem to want to give out much information, but I figured you had your reasons.  And, well, it seems that you did."  She shook her head.  "As for Noveria, I don't know much about her.  I've met her though, and she's certainly more cat-like than any faunus I've ever seen."

Shrugging, Isabelle scooted a bit closer.  "Well, I'm sorry there isn't much I can do to help.  But, I'm here if you feel like talking about any of it." she said, smiling up at him.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Leonius nodded, scooting closer as well, brushing an errant few strands of hair a little clumsily out of her face. "... Thank you," he said, sighing. "Apologies... if news of assault... upon Viola gave rise... to the worry I thought I heard... in your voice..."

He paused, or more precisely, hesitated, as his hand fell on hers.

"... Would you like to... see my homeland some time..? We have... a break from classes... coming up... and I must return to Holy Pilum... to put some affairs of my Gens to order... If you would like... and have no other plans... I could show you the city... where 'human' and 'faunus' do not... exist as distinctions..."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 am

Homeland? Affairs? Faunus? I wonder what they're talking about... but I shouldn't eavesdrop I suppose... but its also Leonius... but... argh! Hm... Dangerous. Kirkka was close enough to hear only occasional words from the pair sitting on the bench, but not enough to even make out the topic of the conversation with any certainty. As she stood, she decided to move out from behind them, as there was no point in being subtle if she wasn't going to eavesdrop on their conversation. She walks across the courtyard, into view of the pair, but passes them at a distance, continuing her work on the other side as she attempts to repair some crushed flowers. At least by making it obvious that I can hear them, he shouldn't have an issue with that. Plus, perhaps it will expedite their conversation...
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Noticing Kirkka nearby, Isabelle lowered her voice slightly.  "Well, maybe.  Not like I have much to do, anyway.  My team never does anything together, so I'd most likely just be sitting around otherwise."  A good opportunity to learn more about him, involving less question asking.  It didn't seem like that bad of an idea.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 pm

"... Noticed her... did you..?" Leo whispered, eye drifting to the janitor groundskeeper over-glorified flower wench. He didn't know exactly what had happened at Autunno, a lapse in his memory that disturbed him, but he knew he had reason to dislike and distrust her. "... Apologies..."

He did not say for what.

Leonius watched Kirkka, his eye narrowing under his mask, before he glanced down at Isabelle. "... I will make arrangements... If plans change... they change... I will account... for wiggle room... Pilum is a beautiful city..." The cyborg put his natural arm around the Faunus, his hand resting at her waist. "... Though not half as lovely... as the young woman... sitting next to me..."

His gaze returned to Kirkka, and he made unflinching eye contact, not that she could see, as his foot slowly rose, as did the hand on Isabelle's side. Slowly, the giant shook his head at Kirkka, as his armor-clad foot descended upon a hapless daisy, and his hand reached Isabelle's chest.

"Hello Kirkka," was all he said.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm

At first, Isabelle was fairly confused.  What was he apologizing for?  Those thoughts quickly disappeared as he put his arm around her, along with his compliment, causing her to blush heavily.  Of course, his hand moving to her chest didn't help with that at all.  Sighing, she brought a hand to her face.  "I'm not even going to ask."  Her eyes remained fixated on the ground, not wanting to look at either of the two.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Turning her head, she looks toward the pair across the path. There is a faint smile on her face, which she often wears. As she glances at them, her eyes shift quickly to Isabelle and Leo's hand, her smile fading, then back to Leo before she turns her head back to her work in front of her. Nope. Trap. Its difficult to tell whether or not she saw the flower Leo stepped on.

"Hey," is all she says, as she stands, still facing away from them, then kneels again to continue her work after taking a step to the left. I really hate that I still need to talk with him. Bah. Without looking back toward them, she speaks again just a moment after. "What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:42 am

Leonius maintained his gaze, even as his digits made little circles in relevant places. "Do you want me to stop?" Leonius whispered, amusement tinging his voice as he glanced down at Isabelle's adorable blushing face.

It was a brief glance. Kirkka was the more important factor.

"I am merely saying... hello..." He had noticed her gaze, and her reaction. That change of expression, and forced redirection of her attention told Leonius all he needed. One did not grow up in the ruling family of a Great House and not be taught the tricks of Pilorum politicians, after all. "Is it so odd... for someone to... try to be polite? I was just offering... to take Isabelle to see... Holy Pilum..."

Leo glanced down to the girl, and he stopped, his hand slowly sliding down her side again. His eyes were quickly back upon Kirkka.

"... A trip highly unlikely... to at all resemble... your last visit... to my homeland..."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:44 am

Kirkka sighed heavily, closing her eyes briefly as she gathers her thoughts and emotions. Standing up, she brushes herself off hastily, then turns toward the pair, with her calm smile once more on her face. "My apologies, Leonius. I did not know you were capable of being polite, so it merely caught me off guard." She kneeled down while speaking to pickup her broom, which she laid down next to her while she worked. Standing upright once more, she holds it loosely to her side, resting it on the ground.

"I am glad to hear that your trip would be unlike mine. Pilum is a lovely place. Be careful of the food, though." She addresses Isabelle, smiling more. She briefly shifted her focus to behind the pair, before returning to Isabelle.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:53 pm

"Yes... the fewer acts of terrorism... between our homelands... the better..."

Leo's tone hadn't changed. He called Kirkka a terrorist the same way he would comment that the sun was particularly bright this morning.

His hand reached Isabelle's thigh, and he gently rubbed toward her knee, gaze still fixed upon Kirkka. "How is Mister Khrysos... by the way..? I heard he suffered... a most unfortunate accident..." The giant's hand made its way back up, his fingers on the inside of Isabelle's thigh. "... But then... we both know how accidents can be..."

Leonius stopped, sighing, as he looked down at Isabelle to note her reaction to the intimate contact, before looking back up at Kirkka.

"... The answer... to the question that has not... yet fallen from tongue... is yes... Reaper is here in Vale..." Again, the giant's gaze fell back to Isabelle. "... He has not forgotten... about Astus Fortuna..."

Last edited by Vox on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Isabelle kept her eyes on the ground, flinching slightly at his hand on her thigh.  Judging by the tone of his voice, she assumed he was doing this to annoy Kirkka, and it was definitely doing so to herself.  The idea of getting up and leaving them so that they could finish whatever they were discussing had crossed her mind, but she decided against it.  Who knows when the next chance to talk to him would be.  Deciding to play along for at least for a little longer, she remained quiet.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Closing her eyes, she takes a deep breath, before opening them, her gaze fixed on Leo now. Her expression became completely blank with this action, and she replies to him, ignoring the inquiry about her teammate. "Yes, the hospital. The betrayal of a single person caused the death of so many, and yet the blame lay with others. I would hope that for such an... enlightened people, you would be able to see beyond the lies and deceit. As such, it is not the case, as more must die as recompense."

Her words were spoken clearly and in a singular calm tone. She was completely ignoring Leo's actions, maintaining a perfectly blank expression the entire time. Kirkka's self control was well disciplined. Her staff remained in front of her, gripped by both hands now but broom end resting on the ground.

"I would say an eye for an eye, is fitting in this situation, but terrorism in response to accidents and misunderstandings is hardly the equivalent."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Leonius took his hand from Isabelle's leg, looking at her. "... I expected you to... ask me to stop by now... as an interruption to this nonsense... earlier..." Slowly, his gaze shifted to Kirkka. "Instead... we now have a murderer... attempting to pin the deaths... of five hundred people... on a mysterious unnamed other..." His gaze drifted to the fountain, and he shook his head. "That stands a miscalculation... on my part... Apologies..."

Slowly, Leonius rose, looking down at Kirkka.

"... Where was the accidents and misunderstanding... in cutting life support... to a hospital to gain entry... to Astus Fortuna..? Five hundred civilians died... because of your team's actions..." He offered his hand to Isabelle, but kept his focus on Kirkka. "Consider carefully your next words... For now... I wish to apologize... to Isabelle... Privately... We will speak shortly... if you wish information about Reaper's plans..." Leo tilted his head toward a more secluded area with a glance at Isabelle, before focusing on Kirkka. "... Your atrocity lies in the past... his... the future..." He turned his head, growling. "I do not help you... out of anything but a desire... to limit further bloodshed... and retribution... for defying the will... of his Dominus Domus..."

His visor turned to Isabelle, and he sighed.

"... Would you like... to come with me..?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Kirkka listens quietly as she hears the same words she has heard many times now.

"Perhaps you were not told our side of the story, as nobody believes it because it was out of my control and covered up quite well." She pauses slightly, as Leo asks Isabelle to join him. "My apologies for the interruption. I would appreciate the chance to speak further. Please come find me when you are free..." Kirkka nodded slightly, taking a slow step backwards and signaling her exit of the conversation. She paused a moment, then turned and walked back to the edge of the path they were on, observing the plants she was working on just a few moments ago. She gripped her staff tightly, likely as she recalled past events.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:26 am

Standing up on her own, Isabelle crossed her arms, still not looking at him.  "I suppose so.  Unless you are going to grope me without warning again, then I'll just go back to my room."

Rolling her eyes, she finally looked back up at his visor.  "Seriously, don't do that again.  It's really embarrassing, and it pisses me off.  I don't care what your reasoning is, you know that wasn't necessary.  It's...  probably partially my fault for not telling you to stop, but I shouldn't really have to."  She continued to stand there, waiting to see where he would lead them.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 pm

"You are correct... though it gave our shadow... a momentary pause that shook... her concentration..." Leo didn't care that Kirkka was still in earshot for that comment, simply glancing at her before looking back at Isabelle. "... Though it stands... that you did not... speak up... And I am wondering... why..."

The giant gestured for Isabelle to follow out of Kirkka's earshot, still in the courtyard, and watched to see if she would follow.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 am

Isabelle sighed, beginning to follow him.  She couldn't think of a good reason for why she didn't ask him to stop besides that it would cause more embarrassment, though letting him continue was probably worse looking back on it.  Dropping the subject sounded like a better idea, and it would make her look less stupid.  "Let's just forget about it, then.  Already happened, nothing that either of us says will change that."

While still less than happy, there wasn't really much she could do about it now, considering that he had a point.  She glanced at Kirkka, then at the general direction that they were headed in.  "So...  Where to?"
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 6:55 pm

"Out of... earshot..."

He glanced at her, sighing.

"... Apologies... again... one does not forget... the instincts one is taught... growing up being groomed... for Pilorum politics..." Keeping track of Kirkka's presence through his sensor suite, the cyborg saw another pair of benches and sat down, eye focused on Isabelle. "Is there anything... I can do to make it up..?"
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Isabelle took a seat next to him, leaning her head back against the bench.  "Nothing I can think of.  If you come up with something, be sure to let me know," she continued with a shrug.  "And I'm sure I can get over it either way, as long as you don't do it again."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)   In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Eye of the Storm (Closed) (Prelude to Retribution, Third Movement)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next