RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Empty
PostSubject: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 pm

The shattered moon flown far overhead, casting a slightly haunting light into the dorm room of team Vortex's dorm. Just outside the door stood Rachael, who had just finished a long walk, as well as some stargazing. It wasn't particularly late, as the sun had only sunk below the horizon an hour or so ago. Since it was the weekend, most of the students were preparing to stay up all night doing... whatever it was they did. Rachael didn't really care for anyone enough to learn what they did on weekends. She would rather focus her attention on something more worthwhile, like how she was doing in her classes, or new ways to modify her weapon. That would be much more useful to her, rather than finding out what two students would do alone in a room together. Just the thought of the word alone made her cringe. With a shake of her head and a deep breath, she forced the thought from her mind. She pulled out her dorm key from her pocket and unlocked the door, stepping inside and hoping to see that no one was there.

Last edited by Sumdumguy on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:10 pm

For the moment, Rachael's hopes were answered, the dorms were empty and dark; just like she wanted. As for Fei, one of her teammates and also one of the people the dog faunus didn't care about, she was currently on her way back from the other side of the school, having just finished a late-night study session with some other classmates. Waving her hand at the other classmates, she turned off the classroom lights and closed the door. With that, she yawned and began her journey back to her "home away from home", the Team Vortex dormitories. She recalled Brady and Cebrail telling her about their activities over the weekends, but wasn't sure about Rachael. Shrugging, she assumed that the faunus wouldn't have wanted her thinking too much about her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Rachael was happy that she was alone for once. She was sick of people at the moment, having dealt with a couple of cocky, prejudiced, imbeciles that decided it would be funny to shove her around. They got away with a few cuts and bruises, one of them had a broken nose, and she was lucky enough to be dismissed with no more than a warning. She should have been the one giving the warning. But alas, society didn't work that way (which only irritated her more) and all she could do was drop her stuff off on her bed. She left her utility belt, sword, and gauntlet on her bed before moving to the window. With a wistful gaze, she stared at the moon. It was shattered, like the nose of one of her unfortunate assailants. She didn't smile, although she was on the inside.

With hesitation, Rachael tore her gaze away from the moon and averted it to the door once she heard that someone was coming. 'It's probably Fei.' she thought, as Brady and Cebrail were gone for a while. The faunus girl braced herself for almost immediate social interaction.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 pm

The dog faunus's fears were both fortunately and unfortunately true, Fei being on the other side of the door. The sound of a key jingling and it being slipped into the key-hole could be heard, a quick jerk and spin of the knob, the door opened up, letting in some brief flickers of light before Fei stepped in; closing the door in the process. She spotted Rachael in the distance, which caused her to tilt her head, the smile on her face hidden in the darkness as she walked in and dropped off the bag in her hands on top of the bed. The dog faunus would get no socialization though, that in itself was a boon to her most likely, the young Huntress simply pulled at the ribbon around her collar and began undoing the buttons to her vest.

Seems she was just getting ready for bed, intent on leaving Rachael alone to her thoughts, having been with her for a while now; she knew how the faunus was.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Luckily, Fei was silent upon entering the room and didn't provoke any form of interaction. That was good for Rachael, as she didn't want to express her anger at the moment. She looked out the window once more before sighing and walking back over to her bed. She noted how Fei didn't try and talk to her after she entered the room. It was somewhat unusual, but Rachael dismissed it as tiredness or something of the like. Then she began to think. It was a series of thoughts Rachael didn't care about much, but for some reason it was nagging her. It gave her an uncomfortable feeling the more she thought about it, until she decided that she would ask Fei about it. After a moment of obvious hesitation, Rachael finally mustered up the courage to actually start a conversation of her own, something she did only on rare occasions.

"Fei." she said out loud, not facing her at all as she walked towards her bed. She reached up to her bow, removing it and tossing it aside onto her bed. With a deep breath, Rachael slowly began unbuttoning her blue dress shirt that she wore above her blazer. "What do you think of me?" she asked bluntly as she got halfway down the buttons before pausing to listen to Fei.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:10 am

Pulling off the vest and accompanying blazer, she tossed the articles onto the bed and began unbuttoning the white dress shirt underneath it all, she sighed softly having forgotten how tedious the process of putting on their school's uniform was. Along the process, she listened to the idle going-on's behind her, a sign that Rachael was doing something physical, which Fei correctly assumed was the same as what she herself was doing. Undressing. At the sound of Rachael's voice, she turned her head and regarded the dog faunus with a simple look, nodding her head as she waited. At her question, she tilted her head but nonetheless continued what she was doing, sliding her arms out of the freshly unbuttoned dress shirt. Tossing that onto the bed, she undid the clasp around her skirt and finally seemed to have come up with an answer.

"I don't know," She would say, tilting her head the other way as the skirt dropped down from her hips. "Why do you ask?" She would retort, bending down to pick up the piece of clothing, tossing that onto the bed as well. Whilst waiting for her answer, she would go over to her own tiny dresser and pull it open, rummaging about for her sleeping clothes.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:31 am

Rachael continued to not do anything for almost a minute as she came up with a response. She continued to remove her clothing as she did so, removing her blazer but not her skirt before she responded with,

"I just wanted to know how another person feels about me." she said, letting out a minor hint of gloom in her tone unintentionally. Her day had been rough, and from the events that happened today, she could discern that she was a target for bullies because of her negative demeanor. Not that it wasn't obvious before, but most other faunus students got quite a bit of negative attention as well so she wasn't sure how much of it was for being faunus, and how much was for being just downright unpleasant. Either way, right now she was more focused on Fei at the moment. She wasn't expecting much from the girl, just a simple answer would do and then they would continue to live in silence.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:42 am

Nodding as she listened to the dog faunus's answer, she pulled out a simple white nightgown from the dresser and slipped it on. Undoing the pony-tail, she shook her head, allowing the tied up strands to fall across her back and shoulders. Being sensitive to the feelings of her team and the overall morale, due to the effort she made to quietly keep tabs on them, she walked over and stood behind Rachael; tilting her head a bit as she spoke.

"Did something happen to you today?" She would ask, looking off to the side and out the window, staring at the scenery outside as she fluffed out her hair; fixing it up for bed.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 am

Rachael felt Fei walk up behind her, she didn't need to look to confirm since Fei did that herself when she spoke. "I asked you a question, you do not respond to questions with more questions." she said, doing her best to hide her bitterness. "Now answer my question."

Rachael removed her skirt, keeping her black thigh high socks on for the time being as she laid her clothes out on her bed neatly. She could stand being in just her underwear for a few minutes as she organized her clothes by color, as not to mix the whites with the colors when she washed them. With a sigh, her expression turned from slightly angry to a more annoyed expression. Rachael just wanted an answer, and she wasn't in the mood to talk for long so she wanted an answer immediately.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:11 am

Nodding, Fei would oblige the dog faunus, not wanting to seem like she was chastising her by asking more questions. Turning her head back to regard the girl in front of her, smiling as she watched her do something she had never seen the dog faunus do before.

"I like you just fine the way you are, Rachael. Your kind, pretty and cute when your not angry," She would turn around towards her own bed and begin organizing the disorganized clothing the same way as Rachael. "That's what I think about you." She would finish, folding up the small pile of clothing before leaving them at the foot of the bed.

Pulling up the blankets, she got up and slid her body in, covering herself up.

Last edited by Kawazoe on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:21 am

Rachael froze completely still upon hearing Fei compliment herself. She stood like that for about a minute before dropping her clothes on her bed before she stood straight up and turned around to face Fei.

"How?" she said bluntly, in a monotone voice. "How am I nice? I criticize everything, even you, who is supposed to be my teammate. I despise all sentient creatures, I'm always bitter, aggravated, and beyond unpleasant. So tell me," Rachael's voice escalated in emotion over time, and at this point she sounded angrier than she'd ever been. "How am I nice!?"

Her face at this point was twisted with irritation and confusion. She was almost irritated that she was complimented, which was the opposite of what most people would want. She was honestly confused as to why Fei thought anything positive of her, especially after how she treated her.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:15 am

Though used to hearing Rachael raise her voice, she was surprised to hear and see her so emotional, Fei was certain she hadn't done anything specific to make her mad. Unless it was her saying what she thought of her, though that was strange, most people seemed to like being complimented. At least the people she knew outside her team. She turned around in bed to face Rachael's back and blinked, wondering for a few moments if the racism of the school and Rachael's general hostility towards others had sparked anything. Nuzzling her cheek against the pillow on her head, she closed her eyes and smiled.

"Your nice because I think you are, Rachael. You asked me how I thought of you, and that's just what I think of you. I'm sure the others would say the same, we're part of a team after all, I know they won't hesitate to be honest with you if you asked." She would say, opening her eyes again to look at the dog faunus.

Of course, Fei also remembered the first time they had ever met. Rachael wasn't angry, bitter, aggravated or unpleasant whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Rachael growled in response before spinning back around towards her bed, mumbling something inaudible to herself. She tossed the clothes that lay on her bed to the floor in anger. "Just because you think I am, doesn't mean I am." she said, malice in her voice. "Why? Why do you think I'm nice? You can't just think I am and expect me to like that at all. When was the last time I was nice to you? Or Brady, or Cebrail, or anyone?" she said before stopping herself, freezing once more in place as she waited for Fei's reply.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Sitting up from her bed, she slid her legs off the side but kept the blanket around her as she looked up at the infuriated Rachael, whom seemed dissatisfied with her answer. Was it because she expected to be scolded and told she was the opposite? It seemed to be the case ... she tilted her head as her teammate continued, head tilting downwards to stare at the now disorganized clothing before she looked back up and regarded her again.

"It's because you've never done anything to me, Brady or Cebrail that said you weren't nice. You may not have done anything or said anything nice, but I do think you are .. amongst other things."

She would say with a smile, head tilting back to the other side.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:42 pm

It was hard for Rachael to accept that someone actually thought something nice about her. Everyone else she knew she was pretty sure thought awful things about her. She didn't blame them, but she still hated them for it. It was all she could do, what else was there to do? Hurt them until they stopped? No, not even Rachael was that low.

"I just..." Rachael began, before stopping herself with a shake of her head "Never mind." she muttered before picking up her weapons and moving them to the shelf near her bed. She didn't want to say anything, and she didn't want to express any of her emotions to anyone, especially her teammates. It didn't seem like a good idea to Rachael. Neither did explaining her life story.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:59 pm

"Rachael .."

She would say her name, slowly standing up with the blanket still wrapped around, making her look like some caped crusader. Sighing at her fellow teammate's stubborn and unrelenting nature, she grabbed the blanket wrapped around her and threw it around Rachael, releasing herself from it's warmth.

Sitting back down on her bed, she pulled her legs up and waited for the dog faunus to recover from the surprise blanket attack.

"Why don't you just tell me what's bothering you," She would ask, head turning off to stare at the door leading into their dorm. "You may not see me as a friend or teammate, but please don't keep things hidden away then say something and just stop."
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Rachael opened her mouth to say something, but stopped once Fei threw a blanket over her head. She paused for a second before slowly pulling it off of herself. She looked back at Fei before turning away, feeling slightly embarrassed that she even started this whole conversation. When Fei asked what was bothering her, Rachael shook her head before saying: "I wish I knew." and throwing Fei's blanket back over to her. Eventually she decided to sit down on her own bed after a short silence. "I really wish I knew what was wrong with me." she said as she looked down at the ground, her face twisted with confusion.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:59 pm

It didn't take any special skill or talent to know that Rachael was confused, angry and in general very hateful of what she was going through. As the blanket she previously threw around Rachael came back to hit her in the face, she fell down and smiled underneath, pulling it off her as she sat herself back up. Looking down at the girl's legs, she tilted her head as Rachael sat down and finally began talking about it.
"Well, I don't think anything's wrong with you .. but maybe we can find out?" She would suggest, pulling over her bed's pillow to wrap her arms around.

"I mean, you usually don't start conversations on your own .. and you also don't try to keep the conversation going, so," She looked up to look Rachael in the eye, or as best as she could in the darkness of their dorm. "Did something happen today?"
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 pm

"Stuff like this happens every day, it's nothing special. I've just had it." she said as she pulled her legs up and proceeded to curl herself up. Burying her face in her thighs, she pulled herself into as tight of a ball as she could so she could hide her face. "I've had it... with everything." she said as she rubbed her forehead on her thigh-high socks for a moment. She wasn't sure if it was good or bad that she didn't quite know what she was feeling emotionally. For the past year or so she'd only been bitter, so it didn't surprise her she forgot what some of her other emotions felt like. "Most people would look at me and call me pathetic... I'm just awful." she muttered, the sound slightly muffled by her legs.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Fei nodded, resting her chin in the pillow, watching Rachael as she curled up into the familiar ball she had first seen so long ago. Though on that occasion she was tired, grumpy and altogether not interested in conversation .. but she still conversed, if only while half-asleep. She felt a tinge of sadness in her heart as she heard her own teammate's voice, muffled as it was, she could still make out the tone. Frowning, she sighed softly and put down the pillow in her arms, almost silently gliding off her bed she went over to the other side of Rachael's and laid down behind the dog faunus. Closing her eyes, she wrapped her arms around her and pulled her in, gently squeezing.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Rachael shivered upon being touched by another living being. When was the last time she felt someone hug her? She couldn't remember anymore. All she got from other people were cuts and bruises. Having been hurt so much by human contact, she wasn't sure if she was okay with Fei hugging her. But much like everything else, she almost immediately stopped caring about it. It was just a hug, nothing harmful, just a sign that Fei cared for her. She didn't feel much though, just confusion and more bitterness. The tone of her voice now, was shaky and gloomy, as was audible when she asked Fei, "Why do you still put up with me? Why don't you just call me names like everyone else?"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Fei hadn't expected Rachael to simply accept her gesture, especially something as intimate as this, though when she felt her shiver; all reservations about doing what she'd decided to do dissipated in a brief instant. When she heard her teammate and friend speak, Fei couldn't help but hold the faunus closer to her body. It didn't mean anything to her, she had seen a lot of other people doing it in public though while she worked on her homework and projects. Her words were soft and quiet, audible only because her mouth was so close to Rachael's ears.

"Why do you want me to call you names? Why are you asking me these questions?" She would ask, frowning a bit. "Do you want me to call you names that badly ..?"
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:22 pm

"I don't want you to call me anything. I just asked you why you don't. You and the two guys are the only ones who don't think lowly of me. Everyone else thinks I'm just a waste of space. Everyone. I don't want it anymore. I just want..." Rachael paused, debating whether or not she should keep talking. Pulling legs closer to her, she finished her sentence. "I just want everything to stop."

With that, she stayed silent as she continued to ponder about many a thing. Her train of thought slowly faded away as her mind was only left in a haze of emotions that she thought were locked away. She hated how these feelings could just rise up at a moments notice and completely ruin your day.

At this point, Rachael wasn't just curling up from her anger and sorrow from earlier, but from the anger and sorrow that she let herself fall into this pitiful form before one of her own teammates. Rachael really hated herself for what she was doing here.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 pm

She simply nodded upon hearing Rachael's rather depressing words, the first thought that came to mind was that she must have gone through a lot of pain to be saying such things. Fei was not used to hearing such weakness from the usually strong-willed and stubborn dog faunus known as Rachael. Attempting to rectify the situation, she tilted her head and brushed her nose against the back of Rachael's neck, whilst her other hand snaked around her waist; hand resting gently on the faunus's stomach.

"Then I'll make it stop .. if just for a little bit, but .. I dunno if this'll stop it."

Her fingers slowly began tickling Rachael's stomach.

Fei saw all of her actions as normal in this situation, for all she was trying to do was break Rachael out of this moody disposition and back into the strong-willed stature she was so used to seeing. Whilst she was tickling her, her other arm pulled the faunus in to keep her from struggling or flailing out of her embrace.

Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:34 pm

"H-Hey! Stop that!" Rachael said as she attempted to squirm her way out of Fei's grasped. Her attempts were futile, as her strength was drained away the moment Fei began tickling her. All previous thoughts faded as her stomach was being assaulted by Fei, and Rachael couldn't hold back the smile that quickly played it's way onto her face. A giggle or two could even be heard as she struggled and failed to escape from Fei. After a moment or two, she lost her balance and fell backwards onto her teammate, laughing. It had been a while since someone had tickled her, she forgot how strange and seemingly wonderful it felt. "C-Come on Fei, stop already!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)   A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Moment for The Sword And Spear (Closed - Ongoing)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next