RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scarlet Search Sign-up thread

Go down 
+6
DrGustave
Swordslinger
Dakir
Dark Soul
Kai Kurokawa
KyuRyu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
KyuRyu

KyuRyu

Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Empty
PostSubject: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:13 am

“…And they lived happily ever after.”

The tired looking man snapped the book shut with a gentle smile on his face. His daughter looked at him in rapt attention. “But what happened to the bad people, daddy?” Her hold on her covers was noticeably tight.
The father smiled. “They were defeated by the brave hunters. Now go to sleep.” With a small kiss on his daughter’s forehead, he turned to walk out of the room. He cleared her blonde hair away from her face. “Love you,  little girl.”

“Love you too, Daddy.”

------------

“Type?”

“Nervermore.”

“…Class?”

“Giant.”

The captain of Vale’s guard rubbed his forehead in frustration. Nothing like this was supposed to happen. Not in the peaceful townhouse district of the city. Many of the concerned citizens now looked towards him for some form of leadership, or maybe they wanted some sort of cold comfort that the rampage was unlikely to happen again.

In the dead of night, an attack by a singular Grimm demolished a building, nearly leveling it. Several other buildings nearby had telling signs of receiving small outer damage. Perhaps from something massive landing on it? Large feathers, twice the size of a full grown man, also littered the streets. It was almost too obvious what had happened, but too difficult to believe.

A uniformed man saluted the aged captain.

“We found the owner of the house.” His tone and eyes were dark.

“What is his status?”

“We managed to dig him out of the rubble of the house. Critical, but alive for now. He’s on his way to the hospital as we speak.”

The captain’s glare did not relax, but a shower of relief did run through him.

“However, it seems they had issues getting him back to consciousness.” The guard continued. “He’s completely unresponsive to anything we’ve done. They say there is a good chance he may never recover.”

“Sir, there is another pressing matter.”

The nightmare never ends, the captain gritted his teeth. “What is it? What could possibly add to this?” He said in a mix of frustration and controlled anger.

“The records of the homeowner say he was living with his daughter,” The guard stated.

A dark silence fell between the two men. The public, unaware of the knowledge that was just passed between them, whispered meticulously in the background as they waited for answers.

The Captain took a deep breath. “…And what of her fate…?” the rapidly aging man asked quietly.

“We were unable to locate her in the rubble! Traces of blood in the wreckage seem to all belong to the homeowner alone. Sir…” the guard seemed to hesitate. “…Many of the investigative guard members believe she was carried off by the Nevermore.”

The captain stood silent, whether from shock or deep in thought it was unknown. The silence seemed to last forever.

“T-the Section R Guard would like to request to form a search and rescue team, sir.”

Silence was the only thing that came from the guard captain. For a moment, it seemed certain he would agree to the reasonable request.

“Sorry, but we have other citizens to worry about as well,” The aged captain mustered out, a pang of regret in his tone. “For such a massive Grimm to get past our defenses, there may be more we are missing than seems apparent. We cannot afford to let another tragedy strike.”

“But sir-!” The guard cried out.

“If this incident were to occur again while our protectors are away, how much worse could the damages be, guardsman?” the captain said with a heavy heart. “How many children should die?”

With a hesitant salute, the guard left to return to his post.

Finally the Captain found himself alone. He walked calmly to the communications relay. Picking up the line in a controlled rush, he asked to be connected to the head of Beacon Academy.

----------------------------------

The morning after the attack, the Academy was buzzing with curiousity. With many of the older and more experienced hunters asked to help secure the city’s perimeter and investigate the strange attack, the Kingdom of Vale has quietly asked for any student volunteers for a possible search and rescue.

The target- an 8 year old girl by the name of Scarlet, kidnapped by a rogue Giant class Nevermore. The Nevermore was last seen headed towards the direction of the Emerald Forest. The tracks might be fresh for now, but that could change, anywhere from the next day to the next hour. The danger seems real, but the victim… And of course, no one’s forcing you to go.

So when the announcement was made for a small team of volunteers, you head down to the office of the superintendent.

1. Kai
2. Kurono
3. Stahl
4. Malina
5. Vega
6. Haven

(OOC: Hey guys, here’s my shot at controlling over a plot thread. I want you to know that, while I won't be trying to kill your characters or anything, be warned that I will however allow them every chance to FAIL thier objective: saving the young girl. Its possible some of the monsters, especially the Giant Nevermore mentioned, will be impossible to beat single handedly, so please don’t try to ‘solo’ your way to victory, as it were [If that happens, something… unfortunate… might happen. Spots may not be first come first serve, but what characters I feel fit the plot best. Sorry ^^)

Last edited by KyuRyu on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kai Kurokawa

Kai Kurokawa

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 4:25 am

I'll participate with Kai. Heavy hitting hammercannon I feel will be needed.
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul

Dark Soul

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm signing up with Seras. You may require her service's with her twin 30mm fully automatic cannon's. not going to do this

Last edited by Dark Soul on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 pm

Signing up with Kurono, talked with you in chat about it.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Sign Stahl up please.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Signing up with Malina Eveningstar
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Signing up Vega Anansi.
Back to top Go down
Television

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:10 pm

signing up with Gena Vencer
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Herr Schrödinger reporting for duty, where would Seras be without Schrödinger?

"In a better place!"

"That's mean."
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:10 pm

Highly doubt I'll be picked for the event but, if it happens that I am, I'd be happy to flare things up with Haven.
Back to top Go down
http://whisperthechosen.deviantart.com/
KyuRyu

KyuRyu

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Mmm well it took forever to decide (I had trouble choosing sorry) but the character list is as follows:

1.Kai
2.Kurono
3.Stahl
4.Malina
5.Vega
6.Haven

To everyone else, it was nothing personal, I just chose who I thought would be most interesting put together :<

I'll make the thread after classes later tonight.
Back to top Go down
KyuRyu

KyuRyu

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:01 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Search Sign-up thread   Scarlet Search Sign-up thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarlet Search Sign-up thread
Page 1 of 1